“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

April 15, 2012

I <3 Our Crew

We seriously have the sweetest crew in existence. Our cabin steward,  Achiles, comes every other day and cleans our room for us. No matter how messy it is (and we usually try to clean it for him but it can get pretty messy between ports) he always folds everything and stacks everything neatly on the beds or counters. We usually leave him tips when we get to port and leave little sticky notes on it to say Thank You. There was one time when I just left out a bill without putting a note on it and it was still sitting there a couple days later when I came back to the ship. He didn't think it was for him.

I brought some instant noodles with me from Japan, because even those beat ship food at this point. When I went up to the Garden Lounge just now for hot water, one of the crew members came running with a plate, bowl, and soup spoon when he saw me trying to pour hot water from the tap into the makeshift bowl that they come in. I asked him if there was anywhere to pour out the hot water and he just took everything from me and made it for me. He asked where I was eating it and I said downstairs, so he stuck a fork inside and covered it with a napkin to hide it because we are not allowed to bring anything out of the dining areas. Such a sweetheart. 

No comments: