“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

March 13, 2012

I've Dreamt of This Place For So Long,

And now,

I am in love with a land that smells of spice,
where elephants and rickshaws crowd the streets,
where roadside stands serve piping hot chai
where taxi drivers invite you over for home-cooked meals,
and everything simply bursts with color.

I never want to leave.

It has only been two days and India has already bewitched me with her exotic delights. If the ship manages to drag me back on board come Saturday, I will tell you all about it. If not, I'm sorry, I just couldn't go back to life without India.

No comments: